As the HomeBuilder grant has come to a close, there is still assistance available for First Home Buyers to get started in their property journey.
Initially commenced in July 2018, the $15,000 government grant has a number of eligibility criteria that are required to be met. These include:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is).
- You or your spouse must not have previously owned property in Australia that you lived in.
- You must be buying or building a brand new home.
- The value of the home including the land is less than $750,000.
- You must move into the new home as your principal place of residence within 1 year of the completed transaction and live there continuously for 6 months.
To apply for the First Home Owner Grant, you’ll need to:
- Check your eligibility
- Understand your obligations
- Understand how & when to apply
- Know when the grant is be paid
Download the First Home Buyer Guide here or on the clicking on the below image.
Source: Queensland Government